Welcome to our website !

How I Wash My Hair Extensions!

By 09:40


So if you're an extension wearer like myself you probably dread the time it comes to washing them. Here are the things that I use to keep them ship shape!


PRE-WASH MASK: I say mask however I do not get that fancy. I tie my extensions in a pony tail so i don't get the clips too wet and slather them in a good amount of coconut oil. I then hop in the shower and do what we do in the shower whilst the coconut oil sits. About two song lengths in to my shower I grab my extensions and begin to wash them (doing it in the shower just feels easier to me)
SHAMPOO: I know you want to be delicate with your hair but if you are only washing them once a month and wearing daily you have to really they are probably going to be pretty gunked up. I use the CHI Keratin Shampoo as it smells delicious and helps nourish the hair. I make sure I get a good lather without being too rough and then I rinse that out. 
CONDITIONER: I follow up with the CHI Keratin Conditioner and make sure to follow the instructions leaving it on only 3-5 minutes. Remember that protein is good for hair but going to heavy can cause the hair to snap so always follow the instructions!
POST WASH TREATMENT: This is usually when I start panicking because it is so easy to mess up washing your hair and it ends up feeling worse but try to stray away from an overload of product. I spray in a little AUSSIE leave in conditioner and leave it at that. 
NOW WE WAIT: Let the hair air dry completely and then review the texture of the hair. I find this is a sure fire way to not overdo the hair oils etc. If you feel a little dry pop in some serum etc. Doctor your hair to how you like it! Remember always use a heat protectant on your extensions!
Hope this helps!
See you Soon

You Might Also Like

0 comments